Mander Organ Builders Forum

Help On Mutin Cavaille Coll Organs

Guest Hector5

Guest Hector5

I find myself in the somewhat strange position of having managed to get a French town and church enthused about their organ, to the extent that they are launching an Amis de l'orgue and I am to give the inaugural recital - a real honour for an English organist! The organ in question is a Mutin Cavaille Coll (I have written about it elsewhere on this list). It is obviously a 'catalogue' organ - but I do not have a copy of the catalogue. I have Jess Echbach's excellent tomes on Cavaille Coll's complete stoplists of all of his organs, and also the supplement dealing with his model organs, but there is nothing remotely close to the organ in question. I am desperate to get my hands on a copy (scanned if necessary) of Mutin' catalogue. I understand that this organ was part of a batch that were built to serve large churches while their main organs were being rebuilt. It provides a very big sound from what is a really small instrument (sizewise). If anyone knows, or even has a copy of the catalogue, a photocopy or scanned copy (scanned for preference) would be very very useful as I need to provide the local mayor's office with the information as soon as possible. Can anyone help, or do you know of someone who is able to help me in my plight???? Can you email me and let me know?

Hector

P.S. The organ in question is at Meursault (Bourgogne)

I find myself in the somewhat strange position of having managed to get a French town and church enthused about their organ, to the extent that they are launching an Amis de l'orgue and I am to give the inaugural recital - a real honour for an English organist! The organ in question is a Mutin Cavaille Coll (I have written about it elsewhere on this list). It is obviously a 'catalogue' organ - but I do not have a copy of the catalogue. I have Jess Echbach's excellent tomes on Cavaille Coll's complete stoplists of all of his organs, and also the supplement dealing with his model organs, but there is nothing remotely close to the organ in question. I am desperate to get my hands on a copy (scanned if necessary) of Mutin' catalogue. I understand that this organ was part of a batch that were built to serve large churches while their main organs were being rebuilt. It provides a very big sound from what is a really small instrument (sizewise). If anyone knows, or even has a copy of the catalogue, a photocopy or scanned copy (scanned for preference) would be very very useful as I need to provide the local mayor's office with the information as soon as possible. Can anyone help, or do you know of someone who is able to help me in my plight???? Can you email me and let me know?

Hector

P.S. The organ in question is at Meursault (Bourgogne)

Is it this one?

Edifice de conservation : église paroissiale Saint-Nicolas

Matériaux : étain

Description : jeu de tuba, 16 pieds, déposé dans la sacristie

Etat : oeuvre déposée

Précision état : jeu de tuba, 16 pieds, déposé dans la sacristie

Auteur(s) : Mutin (facteur d'orgues)

; Cavaillé-Coll (facteur d'orgues)

Siècle : 1ère moitié 20e siècle

Date protection : 1990/05/25 : classé au titre immeuble

Statut juridique : propriété de la commune

Type d'étude : liste objets classés MH