Mander Organ Builders Forum

Unbeaten Tracks

Malcolm Kemp

Does anyone know whether the excellent pieces in the Faber collection "Unbeaten Tracks" have been recorded or even whether the Judith Bingham contribution "St Bride assisted by angels" has been recorded without the others? The usual websearches don't come up with anything.

Thanks

Malcolm

• 3 weeks later...
Does anyone know whether the excellent pieces in the Faber collection "Unbeaten Tracks" have been recorded or even whether the Judith Bingham contribution "St Bride assisted by angels" has been recorded without the others? The usual websearches don't come up with anything.

Thanks

Malcolm

I know that Tim Byram-Wigfield and John Scott gave complete performances around the time the album was launched, but I doubt that those were recorded. When I was Organist at Clifton College, I encountered a CD by the Chapel Choir under the direction of my forebear-but-one, Jeremy Holland-Smith, who had recorded a couple of organ solos including Graham Fitkin's "Wedding" from the album:

http://www.heraldav.co.uk/showdisk.php?diskNum=261

Sarah Baldock included the Bingham "St Bride" piece in a "you-can-play-this" article for OR not long ago. I wonder if she's recorded it, or intends to?