Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organa Brittanica

heva

The dutch organradio site has a nice broadcast with english organs, listen to it here (click on "Klik hier ....").

What a fascinating website and excellent selection of music and instruments. One can't imagine Radio 3 doing anything quite so culturally enlightened.

A very civilised nation, the Dutch - and they even play cricket, too!

JS

Guest Cynic
What a fascinating website and excellent selection of music and instruments. One can't imagine Radio 3 doing anything quite so culturally enlightened.

A very civilised nation, the Dutch - and they even play cricket, too!

JS

What an excellent choice of items, too. :lol:

I don't know, if the meant Radio 3 is a "normal" public Radio (BBC?). But regarding dutch standard radio programs, and certainly "less attractive" classical music like organ music or music where the composer did not die yet or less than 75 years ago, can hardly be heard in the Netherlands. When I've been to Haarlem last summer, there were massive complaints about a situation, which seemed to be similar to the decrease of quality in German radio programs. The Dutch colleagues I've been talking to have switched to french or some satellite programs.

For organ music lovers, web radio is really a great thing! Probably the founders of that Dutch webradio suffered themselves from the public radio programmes....