Mander Organ Builders Forum

Widor Gratuit

John Sayer

Strictly speaking he doesn't go out of copyright until 31st December (the end of the year in which the 70th anniversary of death falls).

The files themselves look like photocopies of published editions so you'd have to be careful about the edition copyright too.

J

Strictly speaking he doesn't go out of copyright until 31st December (the end of the year in which the 70th anniversary of death falls).

The files themselves look like photocopies of published editions so you'd have to be careful about the edition copyright too.

J

Since Dover Publications have produced Widor's complete Symphonies pour Oruge in two volumes (they were around £15.00 each a while ago), there seems little point in messing about with lots of loose sheets.

Do the Dover editions stay open on the music desk easily and how robust is the binding?

ATTENTION: The two Dover volumes doesn't contain the definite versions of the symphonies and are only of interest for someone who would likes to study the earlier versions of some movements.

Since Dover Publications have produced Widor's complete Symphonies pour Oruge in two volumes (they were around £15.00 each a while ago), there seems little point in messing about with lots of loose sheets.
I too found some strange anomalies in the Dover volumes, but there is an equally inexpensive version published by Warner Brothers that appears more up-to-date.

JC

ATTENTION: The two Dover volumes doesn't contain the definite versions of the symphonies and are only of interest for someone who would likes to study the earlier versions of some movements.

I have two different editions of the first five symphonies. Between the two, I think that most of the revisions and substitutions are covered. For the record, the first volume includes the Scherzo in the Deuxième Symphonie - which is considerably more interesting than the Salve Regina, which Widor inserted in its place in the later edition.