Mander Organ Builders Forum

Organ Music From Kings

Guest Roffensis

Guest Roffensis

I know this is not the place to do this, but does anyone have a copy of Ledger/Kings College organ playing Bach 565/Liszt BACH /Vierne Berceuse/Vaughan Williams Rhossy/Franck choralIII/Widor Toccata on Cd, ie the reissue of the old LP "organ music from kings". I would pay a good price for a good proper original copy, any help greatly apprectiated. Please email me if you can help, and apologies to John Mander for using his site for such a purpose!

Thanks in hope,

Richard

I do have the CDs of both recordings that Philip Ledger made of the King's organ for EMI (both on EMI Eminence) - the one you mention plus a later one (Jeremiah Clarke to Marcel Dupre via Sweelinck, Whitlock, Alain, Jongen etc) that is probably the best recording yet made of the King's organ. Regrettably, however, I would not be willing to part with either, having taken some time to acquire them second hand myself.

Jeremy Jones

London

Guest Roffensis
I do have the CDs of both recordings that Philip Ledger made of the King's organ for EMI (both on EMI Eminence) - the one you mention plus a later one (Jeremiah Clarke to Marcel Dupre via Sweelinck, Whitlock, Alain, Jongen etc) that is probably the best recording yet made of the King's organ. Regrettably, however, I would not be willing to part with either, having taken some time to acquire them second hand myself.

Jeremy Jones

London

Hi Jeremy, I wonder could you please give the CD catalogue number for the earlier one with the Franck on etc, I have the second one with the Sweelinck etc.

Very many thanks,

Richard