Mander Organ Builders Forum

Disney Hall - Numb3rs/itv 3 This Evening

Did anyone see Numb3rs tonight on ITV 3. It ended up at Disney Hall. To start I thought we weren't going to see the organ, but when they finally got to the stage, there was a fantastic view of the organ in the middle of the screen. For future reference it is episode 17 of series 3, called 'One Hour'.

Jonathan

The fourth season for Numb3rs just wrapped over here, but I am way behind on my Tivo. I recently saw the Walt Disney Concert Hall organ pop up in a trailer for the "Get Smart" movie.

I haven't heard this organ before today, but I just found a new Pipedreams program featuring Frederick Swann's inaugural recital. Listening now...

The fourth season for Numb3rs just wrapped over here, but I am way behind on my Tivo. I recently saw the Walt Disney Concert Hall organ pop up in a recent trailer for the "Get Smart" movie.

It's a pretty good shot too, so I will go to see the film, but I bet its not as good as the original.

Jonathan

I enjoyed that programme but of course it's impossible to tell from an internet recording how the instrument sounds in that space. I am confused by one thing: About 24 minutes in Frederick Swann talks about stop pitches and says he will end the Franck Pièce heroïque with a 64' B in the pedal.

I can't find any evidence of a "Bombarde Ravalement" or similar stop in the specification. Does anyone have details of this?

I enjoyed that programme but of course it's impossible to tell from an internet recording how the instrument sounds in that space. I am confused by one thing: About 24 minutes in Frederick Swann talks about stop pitches and says he will end the Franck Pièce heroïque with a 64' B in the pedal.

I can't find any evidence of a "Bombarde Ravalement" or similar stop in the specification. Does anyone have details of this?

Could he, perhaps, have played a fifth on a 32' to create a resultant?

John