Mander Organ Builders Forum

Church Illustrated

Jonathan Lane

Do any of you good people out there have access to "Church Illustrated" in particular the December 1956 issue. I am looking for a particular article and would be grateful if you could contact me off list.

Thanks,

Jonathan

Hi

Have you tried your local library? They should have access to the British Library collection - but I'm not sure if they loan journals out, but I have had a few specialized books on loan from BL. Another possibility is a University Library if you can find someone who has access.

Every Blessing

Tony

Hi

Have you tried your local library? They should have access to the British Library collection - but I'm not sure if they loan journals out, but I have had a few specialized books on loan from BL. Another possibility is a University Library if you can find someone who has access.

Every Blessing

Tony

I don't think you will be able to borrow it, but the BL ought to be able to supply a photocopy. You might even be able to get one through the BL Direct service at http://www.bl.uk.

Well everything was progressing nicely and I found the periodical on their website and ordered a print out of the relevant pages, then had this 'Thank you for your order, but unfortunately the item you require is part of our Collection Moves Programme and will be unavailable until mid 2010.'

Whilst it is great they are taking such care of these items, its frustrating I can't access them! Back to the illustrious members of this board!

Jonathan