Mander Organ Builders Forum

St Thomas Salisbury

OmegaConsort

I remember reading something about this organ and a possibility of a rebuild somewhere on here a while ago, but I now cannot find it! Does anyone know if there are plans to work on this organ?

That was someone putting two and two together, and is my fault. Discussions are underway (as they have been, on and off, for 20+ years) regarding the future of the organ. Several firms have been invited to submit their proposals, but no decisions have been made.

The old organ is currently in serviceable working order but its pneumatics are giving up the ghost and certain aspects of the mechanical layout make it difficult to improve further.

That was someone putting two and two together, and is my fault. Discussions are underway (as they have been, on and off, for 20+ years) regarding the future of the organ. Several firms have been invited to submit their proposals, but no decisions have been made.

The old organ is currently in serviceable working order but its pneumatics are giving up the ghost and certain aspects of the mechanical layout make it difficult to improve further.

Thanks for the info. Would be good to see it in full playing order again one day - there are, as I remember, some wonderful individual ranks on this organ!

Richard