Mander Organ Builders Forum

Dupre organ and piano works

Murton

A colleague and I want to perform two works by Dupre, namely the Ballade and the Sinfonia, both written for his daughter and published by Gray in the US. Extensive searches have brought nothing more than the first page of each or recordings. The music shops have drawn a blank, suggesting that most of Gray's published works are now out of print and the Us don't do a re-print service.

I thought I'd ask the members of this panel as you usually are able to come up trumps for people!

Does anyone know of a source for the music please?

Many thanks

A colleague and I want to perform two works by Dupre, namely the Ballade and the Sinfonia, both written for his daughter and published by Gray in the US. Extensive searches have brought nothing more than the first page of each or recordings. The music shops have drawn a blank, suggesting that most of Gray's published works are now out of print and the Us don't do a re-print service.

I thought I'd ask the members of this panel as you usually are able to come up trumps for people!

Does anyone know of a source for the music please?

Many thanks

Hello Murton,

I suggest that you e-mail Daniel Roth, Organiste-Titulaire of the Grande-Orgue at St Sulpice in Paris. His web-site gives his e-mail

as danielroth@club-internet.fr

Didier Matry, Organiste Titulaire of St Augustin, Paris, was most helpful when I was unable to find his CD of Gigout music.

Good Luck! with your search, Tempo Primo.

A quick flick on the keyboard suggests you are looking for the Dupre Piano and organ scores

Ballade op 30 Gray 1933

Sinfonia op42 Gray 1947

I think there may be an on line one for the Ballade at the British Library

Ballade for piano and organ opus 30 enter UK as your location!!

You could try on line searches of various music school/university libraries (where open access is available) to see if there are scores in downloadable format.

Thank you for your help. My French colleague, has been trying for some time with a company in France who are able to get a uniprint from the US. We will continue our search, including your two leads.

Many thanks for the help.