Mander Organ Builders Forum

house organ for sale

Dear All,

a friend of mine is moving house and doesn't think he will be able to take his house organ with him.

It is a lovely little three rank, 2 manual house pipe organ built by Terry and Andrew Fearn - a quality instrument built by IBO approved craftsmen.

it has had a new transmission and capture system fitted, made by Hugh Banton, which is software based so changes to the spec can be made quite easily via a laptop.

I have photos which I can email to any interested parties (I have no idea how to add them to a message)

Details of the spec are on my computer at work so will update the post tomorrow.

Organ is near Liverpool and can be viewed at any time.

A

If it's not listed on NPOR, I would beg the owner to so list it, even if its present and future addresses are not mentioned specifically.

I wouldn't bother. I don't any more. I've sent loads of historical data to NPOR, correcting entries or providing missing details, and none of the stuff I've sent in the last 12 months has been uploaded. I know they lost one of their volunteers a while back, but, even so, isn't this a bit long just to be a backlog problem? It's beginning to look a bit personal, but I can't see any reason why that should be, since I've submitted little other than photographs or nineteenth-century press cuttings (often with specs). Newspapers aren't always reliable, as we all know, but when you haven't got any better data...? I wouldn't mind so much if I'd had an explanation. Puzzled.

I wouldn't bother. I don't any more. I've sent loads of historical data to NPOR, correcting entries or providing missing details, and none of the stuff I've sent in the last 12 months has been uploaded. I know they lost one of their volunteers a while back, but, even so, isn't this a bit long just to be a backlog problem? It's beginning to look a bit personal, but I can't see any reason why that should be, since I've submitted little other than photographs or nineteenth-century press cuttings (often with specs). Newspapers aren't always reliable, as we all know, but when you haven't got any better data...? I wouldn't mind so much if I'd had an explanation. Puzzled.

Hi

Yes - NPOR does have around a 12 month backlog. We're all volunteers, and put in what time we can! We are in the process of training new editors, so things might improve in a few months, once they've got into using the system. I would say, please send the info - we don't publish full addresses of private residences unless asked to - or they're already in the public domain, otherwise it's just "Private Residence" and the Town name.

We will get round to entering the updates that we have - just be patient. NPOR has become a victim of its own success - and not only have we lost one editor recently, a couple of other of us have had health problems - but we will get there.

Every Blessing

Tony

O.K. folks,

here are some more details of the organ:

Rank A

8' STOPPED BASSES (narrow scale) Wood 12 pipes

4' HOLZFLOTE (STOPPED FLUTE) Wood 54 pipes

Rank B

4' ROHRFLOTE (CHIMNEY FLUTE) Metal 54 pipes

Rank C

2' GEMSHORN (C to C) 49 pipes

Rank D

4' OPEN BASSES (GAMBA PIPES) 12 pipes

2' PRINZIPAL 54 pipes

Rank E

16' SORDUN Free Reeds 30 reeds

Great (lower)

Principal 8 C

Stopped Diapason 8 A

Octave 4 C

Chimney Flute 4 B

Gemshorn 4 D

Twelfth 2 2/3 D

Fifteenth 2 C

Cornet V A/B/D

Swell (upper)

Rohrflote 8 B

Gemshorn 8 D

Nason 4 A

Nasat 2 2/3 B

Blockflöte 2 B

Klein Quint 1 1/3 D

Tierce 1 3/5 B

Krumhorn 8 A/D

Pedal

Resultant Bass 16 A/B/C/D

Bourdon* 16 A

Principal 8 C

Flute 8 A

Choral Bass 4 B

Fifteenth 2 C

Mixture II B

*TC - bottom octave repeating

Five thumb pistons to Great and Swell

Five toe pistons to Pedal

(Fully adjustable)

The stop derivations indicate only the main ranks used. Some pipes from the other ranks have been added or substituted judiciously to enhance the sound.

The derivation of stops can be altered with the use of a computer program, which would be supplied with the organ. Any pipe or electronic sound (via MIDI) can be assigned to any key.

The pedal 16’ Sordun in the original is a set of 30 free reeds, but they do not work very effectively. For that reason, along with the tremulant, they have not been incorporated in the new April 2011 specification. However, they are all in place, with the action intact, and they might be made to work by someone with a little knowledge and some enthusiasm. The rest of the instrument is in full working order.

Six new stop knobs were added above the upper manual in 2011.

The organ was designed by the late Ken Smith, and built by Terry and Andrew Fearn in 2007.

Dimensions: 4’10 wide, 3’2 deep, 7’7 high.