Mander Organ Builders Forum

St Mary's Rawtenstall, Lancashire.

Guest Roffensis

Klais, of course, are rebuilding the much-mutiliated N&B in Auckland Town Hall, NZ, with Ian Bell as consultant. I've no idea how much, if anything, of the old instrument - for example the splendid Edwardian case of 1911 - is being retained.

Auckland Town Hall

Klais also rebuilt the N&B organ in Bath Abbey and are rebuilding the N&B organ in Leeds Cathedral.

Klais also rebuilt the N&B organ in Bath Abbey and are rebuilding the N&B organ in Leeds Cathedral.

Has anyone heard when work is likely to start in Leeds? The building has a superb acoustic which makes the big interim Phoenix instrument sound pretty impressive.

JS

Has anyone heard when work is likely to start in Leeds? The building has a superb acoustic which makes the big interim Phoenix instrument sound pretty impressive.

JS

Hi

The Klais isn't due for installation at Leeds until 2010 (according to both the DoM, Ben Saunders & a member of the Diocesan worship committee.

Every Blessing

Tony

Installation in Leeds will begin end June 2009. The work will be completed by November 2009.

========================

That's good news. I hope that you're going to retain that very fine Compton Tuba which came from the Davies Theatre, Croydon.

Best stop on the organ is the Swell Vox Humana.

I still haven't heard the Nintendo organ at St.Anne's Cathedral. I shall have to go along and harass Ben; tell him funny stories etc.

MM