Mander Organ Builders Forum

Audio Files: Colinet

giwro

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk
Arthur Colinet was a blind organist in Nantes - here are 2 charming miniatures he wrote:

Communion and Toccatina

Enjoy!

B)

Yes, I enjoyed them very much.

Thanks!

P.

Yes, I enjoyed them very much.

Thanks!

P.

Glad you liked them Paul!

I have recorded a fair number of these little gems, I'd be pleased to share more if there is interest... :(

Cheers,

-G

that Toccatina deserves to be known. I like it, and very accessible

Glad you liked it!

Believe it or not, these pieces were taken from the old Joubert collection "Les Maitres Contemporains pour Orgue" (vol. 1 of 8). While there are a number of pieces in the 8 volumes that are of questionable quality, there are also quite a number that (while not masterpieces) :P are still decent service music.

Best wishes,

-G

Guest paul@trinitymusic.karoo.co.uk
Glad you liked it!

Believe it or not, these pieces were taken from the old Joubert collection "Les Maitres Contemporains pour Orgue" (vol. 1 of 8). While there are a number of pieces in the 8 volumes that are of questionable quality, there are also quite a number that (while not masterpieces) :o are still decent service music.

Best wishes,

-G

Two of the rare Henri Mulet items we located years ago for the all-Mulet Priory Double CD were from this same collection; I quite agree there are some real little masterpieces in there. They are both readily playable by those with modest techniques and long out of copyright, someone should bring them out again!

Two of the rare Henri Mulet items we located years ago for the all-Mulet Priory Double CD were from this same collection; I quite agree there are some real little masterpieces in there. They are both readily playable by those with modest techniques and long out of copyright, someone should bring them out again!

Well, I have republished some of these (although I greatly hesitate to mention it, since the last time I made casual mention of my business on this board over a year ago, I was publicly and privately raked over the coals :o )

Suffice to say if anyone has interest, you can PM me - I'll not be saying much more about it for fear of a repeat experience. I've taken to simply posting the audio files, and not posting anything that would even remotely resemble overt advertising, and that seems to be acceptable to this board.

I've truly enjoyed most of the year I've spent here otherwise - it's given me an inside look at the organ world in the UK that I never had before.

Cheers,

:o

Jonathan