Mander Organ Builders Forum

The Collins Organ At Addington Palace

innate

The thread about the Eule organ at Cleveland Lodge made me wonder about the Peter Collins organ at Addington Palace. I remember playing the Leighton Paean to Nicholas Cleobury on it when I was about 16 and the next few years of my life probably turned out the way they did as a result. NPOR merely states "tranferred elsewhere".

Any ideas?

Guest Barry Williams
The thread about the Eule organ at Cleveland Lodge made me wonder about the Peter Collins organ at Addington Palace. I remember playing the Leighton Paean to Nicholas Cleobury on it when I was about 16 and the next few years of my life probably turned out the way they did as a result. NPOR merely states "tranferred elsewhere".

Any ideas?

I think it ended up in Salisbury Cathedral Song School, having been at Portsmouth Grammar School for a while.

What happened to the HNB Chester organ? It was put up for sale at one time.

Barry Williams

Barry Williams

It was purchased a couple of years ago by Philip Smith, Organist of St. Peter's, Ruthin as a stop-gap and until we make his new three-manual house organ in about three years time.

David Wyld

I think it ended up in Salisbury Cathedral Song School, having been at Portsmouth Grammar School for a while.

Barry Williams

Hi Barry

If you have any evidence for this, (or a quotable info source) please let NPOR know and we will update the records. The same goes for the HNB "Chester" organ.

Every Blessing

Tony

Guest Barry Williams
Hi Barry

If you have any evidence for this, (or a quotable info source) please let NPOR know and we will update the records. The same goes for the HNB "Chester" organ.

Every Blessing

Tony

I have received official confirmation (from the RSCM) that the Collins organ is in Salisbury Cathedral Choir School. This information may be put on NPOR.

Barry Williams