Mander Organ Builders Forum

Back To Regular Practice......and Loving It!

giwro

So now that I have more time to practice (and a church that appreciates good organ music), I've been dusting off a number of things that I've either always wanted to play, or haven't played in years. Last week I pulled out René Blin's "Rosace", and found to my joy that 3 manuals and a GT-CH manual transfer makes the French stuff FAR easier <chuckle> <_<

The Rosace (Rose Window)is subtitled en violet dans la pénombre du soir (I think that's loosely "Purple in the dark of twilight" or something like that). A lovely piece - I've never heard it played in public or on recording. In another post MM decries the loss of repertoire availability due to publishers not "getting with the times"... this is one case where that rings true, since the piece is no longer in print, nor is it available (although it is in Public Domain in my country).

Have a listen to it HERE if you are curious (apologies for the recording quality)

Cheers,

- Giwro

So now that I have more time to practice (and a church that appreciates good organ music), I've been dusting off a number of things that I've either always wanted to play, or haven't played in years. Last week I pulled out René Blin's "Rosace", and found to my joy that 3 manuals and a GT-CH manual transfer makes the French stuff FAR easier <chuckle> :angry:

The Rosace (Rose Window)is subtitled en violet dans la pénombre du soir (I think that's loosely "Purple in the dark of twilight" or something like that). A lovely piece - I've never heard it played in public or on recording. In another post MM decries the loss of repertoire availability due to publishers not "getting with the times"... this is one case where that rings true, since the piece is no longer in print, nor is it available (although it is in Public Domain in my country).

Have a listen to it HERE if you are curious (apologies for the recording quality)

Cheers,

- Giwro

Yes, it's great to be back in the swing of things isn't it? I had an enforced absence from the organ bench from all but sinple hymns and mass settings due to an injury last April which resulted in me needeing crutches for a while. (Mentioned this before I know; sorry if I am boring the old gang.) Now I have regained my balance (and am gradually regaining my confidence - it is surprising how that can be knocked for six too) I find I am doing about two hours a day at the moment - one in the morning and one early evening. One piece of advice I received from two players is that after being away from the console for a while, it is best to regain technique and so on by playing less complicated, more familiar pieces at first rather than launching into something more complex. This is certainly working for me. I have thus decided to put off learning anything new for about two months (actually that will see me through the Christmas period with minimum stress!).

Best wishes

Peter