Mander Organ Builders Forum

The CD which I recorded at Rochdale Town Hall last year, just released, was made possible by the generous support of Peter Allison, a member of this forum - many thanks to you, Peter.  Jake Purches at Base2 music has really captured the sound of this wonderful instrument.  For those interested - Whitlock Sonata, Fela Sowande Kyrie (a really powerful piece), and two shorter pieces. Available at https://www.base2music.store

Further to the words of Darius, I just want to say it was a pleasure doing it. It was dedicated to my late father, who was just your normal "Hymns and Psalms" village organist of many years, from the 1950's, and incl a 26 year stint on the rota of Durham Crematorium.

The recording is so "life like", possibly due to the very high quality recording chain in both DSD and PCM Hi Res SACD  (read that as very expensive), and was edited and mastered on what I call "proper Hi Fi Speakers", again costing 1000s, and by an organist/recording engineer, who understands that recording an organ is unlike any other instrument.

The recording was done at the beginning of September last year, amid the Covid Pandemic, and will be the last recording of the present instrument, as the hall is o be closed for renovation and that will include a few organ upgrades, I believe