Mander Organ Builders Forum

Do You Know This Organ?

Peter Allison

I am having a week on the spanish costa del sol, and was told about this

does anyone know about it?. There is a recital on fri(29th) at the strange time of 21.00hrs, if i gan get back to roost, I shall go. How do you ask permission to record said recital.... in spanish :lol:

regards

Peter

I can't get your link to work, Peter.

The timing only seems strange to us! This is the land of the siesta. To compensate they work late and party late. I have found evenings in Spain a particularly enjoyable time of day (along with the mornings and the afternoons).

I am having a week on the spanish costa del sol, and was told about this

does anyone know about it?. There is a recital on fri(29th) at the strange time of 21.00hrs, if i gan get back to roost, I shall go. How do you ask permission to record said recital.... in spanish :lol:

regards

Peter

¿Se permite para que me registre el concierto?

As VoxH says, this is a perfectly normal time for such things in Spain - in fact, I'm surprised that it's SO early! :P

DW

BTW, you don't have to learn to voice the upside-down queries!

The timing only seems strange to us! This is the land of the siesta. To compensate they work late and party late. I have found evenings in Spain a particularly enjoyable time of day (along with the mornings and the afternoons).

Not only is it a "normal" time for Spain, it also makes sense if you convert to GMT (or whatever we're supposed to call it now). Someone explained that hings happen in Spain and Portugal at the same time but as Portugal's clocks are an hour later Spain's events appear to be later. If you see what I mean.

well thanks for all that, I do see what you mean by having a siesta and then going back to work, everything would have to start later. not sure if I could do that. the organ in question is the Iglesia Mayor de la Encarnación Sonnenorgel built by Blancafort . aparently its a 4 manual, west end instrument complete with "those" chamades. A french organiste by the name of Michel Pinte is playing; Works from Bach,Krebs,Rheinberger,Flor Peeters,Bélier,L.Vierne,

A.Guilmant,Widor and improvisation. according to "organfocus". I managed to find the spec

I Cadereta Exterior (C-c3, 56) Violón 8 Octava 4 Tapadillo 4 Nasardo 15 2 Nasardo 19 1 1/3 Tercerilla II Címbala IV Cromorno 8 Trémolo

II Gran Organo (C-c3, 56) Flautado 16 Flautado 8 Flauta Chinenea 8 Octava 4 Flauta Cónica 4 Docena 2 2/3 Quincena 2 Decisetena 1 3/5 Prep Lleno V-VIII 2 Címbala III

III Expresivo (Enclosed; C-c3, 56) Quintadena 16 Flautado de Madera 8 Corno de Gamo 8 Gamba 8 Prep Celeste 8 Octava 4 Prep Nasardo en 8ª 4 Nasardo 12 2 2/3 Flautín 2 Nasardo Decisetena 1 3/5 Ventidosena 1 Lleno IV 1 1/3 Dulzaina 16 Prep Fagot-Oboe 8 Prep Voz Humana 8 Trémolo

IV Corona (C-c3, 56) Quintatón 8 Tapadillo 4 Quincena 2 Nasardo 15 2 Decinovena 1 1/3 Séptima 1 1/7 Nona 8/9 Corona III 2/3 Regalías 8 Prep Trémolo

Pedal (C-g1, 32) Contrabajo 16 Subbajo 16 Bajo Abierto 8 Bajo Tapado 8 Quinta 5 1/3 Bajo Coral 4 Flautín 2 Compuesta IV 2 2/3 Contrafagot 32 Prep Bombarda 16 Trompeta 8 Clarín 4 Prep Regalías 2 Prep

Couplers

Cadereta to Gran

Expresivo to Gran

Corona to Expresivo

Cadereta to Pedal

Gran to Pedal

Expresivo to Pedal

Corona to Pedal

there does seem a few "prepared for" slots

Regards

Peter

Guest spottedmetal
Ventidosena 1 Lleno IV 1 1/3 Decinovena 1 1/3 Séptima 1 1/7 Nona 8/9 Corona III 2/3

Hi!

If I'm reading this correctly there appear to be a number of higher than 1ft ranks, but not quite to compete with the Venetians/Italians. EXCITING! If you could get to play the beast it would be interesting to see what range they cover and where each breaks back.

And for one, I'd love to hear the recording if you can manage one!

Have fun tomorrow!

Best wishes

Spot

Well its over.

(now the rant)

The organ sounded fine apart from some well out of tune "thingies", could have been the chamades or mixtures. Now I have never attended a recital abroad,, BUT[/u over the years have been to many over in the uk, both cathedrals, large parish churches, small churches etc, etc ( you have all been to them), what I got so mad at was; talking during the quieter movements, not in between pieces, quite a few people actually coming in and out of the recital, and leaving the doors to close(bang) on there own, an to cap it all off, a stupid ( i do not swear on this board) bloke with a camera walking up to the video screen ( it was being shown on 2 large screens)and taking 8 photo´s then 2 others saw what he was doing and did the bloody same :lol::lol: , well I ask you. Are all organ recitals in Spain like that, or is it just the "all fur and no ******* " brigade in Marbella. Apart from ALL that , it was a good recital, and I got permission to record it, and it has come out ok. :)

regards

Peter

Well its over.

(now the rant)

The organ sounded fine apart from some well out of tune "thingies", could have been the chamades or mixtures. Now I have never attended a recital abroad,, BUT[/u over the years have been to many over in the uk, both cathedrals, large parish churches, small churches etc, etc ( you have all been to them), what I got so mad at was; talking during the quieter movements, not in between pieces, quite a few people actually coming in and out of the recital, and leaving the doors to close(bang) on there own, an to cap it all off, a stupid ( i do not swear on this board) bloke with a camera walking up to the video screen ( it was being shown on 2 large screens)and taking 8 photo´s then 2 others saw what he was doing and did the bloody same :lol::) , well I ask you. Are all organ recitals in Spain like that, or is it just the "all fur and no ******* " brigade in Marbella. Apart from ALL that , it was a good recital, and I got permission to record it, and it has come out ok. :)

regards

Peter

Funny things happen in this country during organ recitals too! Several years ago I had to stop playing during a well-attended annual organ recital in one of my churches because somebody started loudly shouting a few feet away from the organ console and it was impossible for me to concentrate. It turned out to be an elderly retired priest who helped out in the parish with a few other people. I asked him what he was doing, and he said that he was giving them a guided tour! I asked if he was aware that the people in the church were listening to an organ recital and didn't want to hear him shouting above it. He said he thought it sounded very nice. He thought it most unreasonable of me to insist that he stop his ruddy tour until after the recital had finished. :lol: