Mander Organ Builders Forum

St Paul's Psalms

Martin Cooke

Frustratingly, I cannot get hold of a copy of Volume 1 of this set of CDs and have all the others, either physically or through iTunes. I wonder if, by any chance, any member of the group has a copy of the CD that they would be willing to part with - for a suitable sum, obviously! I just bought volume 8 for about £8 I think it was and would be quite happy to buy volume 1 for a similar amount if that seemed reasonable. Perhaps PM me if you can help.

Many thanks

Martin.

Frustratingly, I cannot get hold of a copy of Volume 1 of this set of CDs and have all the others, either physically or through iTunes. I wonder if, by any chance, any member of the group has a copy of the CD that they would be willing to part with - for a suitable sum, obviously! I just bought volume 8 for about £8 I think it was and would be quite happy to buy volume 1 for a similar amount if that seemed reasonable. Perhaps PM me if you can help.

Many thanks

Martin.

I've seen copies available on the American Amazon web site.

Many thanks

Martin.

Reply by PM.

These CDs continue to give me a great deal of pleasure.

Within minutes of arriving home following a fun day of teaching music in a 'challenging' comprehensive, I regulary have 'psalms for the day' on the HiFi accompanied by a nice cup of tea. A highly recommended way to unwind.

I also purchased a copy of 'The New St Paul's Cathedral Psalter' from The Canterbury Press Norwich. It contains all the chants, but the pointing is different to the first couple of CDs; JS hadn't finished revising the psalter when these were recorded. The book was quite expensive but is very good quality and nice to own and follow.

DT