Mander Organ Builders Forum

Saint Mary's Church, Newark, Notts.

pcnd5584

Does anyone here know anything about recent events at Saint Mary's, Newark with regard to the choir and organist/director of music?

Since I have no wish to spread rumours or unwittingly give erroneous information, I would simply ask that, if anyone does actually have any definite information (which is acknowledged to be fact, as opposed to heresay, please), could they contact me by PM, please?

Thank you.

A Church Times staff reporter writes in today's issue that the Master of the Song School is to take legal action against the Rector and the DCC for unfair dismissal and defamation. One assumes that this report of the facts is not hearsay.

A Church Times staff reporter writes in today's issue that the Master of the Song School is to take legal action against the Rector and the DCC for unfair dismissal and defamation. One assumes that this report of the facts is not hearsay.

Indeed not. I heard from the Master of the Song School yesterday Another worrying aspect (which again is fact), is that Roger Bryan - former assistant to Philip Marshall at Lincoln Cathedral - found himself in a not-too-dissimilar position at the same church under the same priest a few years ago.

Another worrying aspect (which again is fact), is that Roger Bryan - former assistant to Philip Marshall at Lincoln Cathedral - found himself in a not-too-dissimilar position at the same church under the same priest a few years ago.

And a fine musician too!

A