Mander Organ Builders Forum

Sorry to wake every one up..............

Adnosad

............. not sure if this has come to members` notice but just thought it worth mentioning in passing;

Angela Lapwood is being interviewed by Tom Service  R3 today ( i.e. Sunday ) at 1700.

Plus she is giving a solo performance on Tuesday night on the same R3 at 2215.

Funny no one seems to have mentioned this since organ matters in general are as rare as hens` teeth with regards to live performances, especially from the AH.  Have to add as well that it will be good to get the chance to  hear a female performer  of outstanding ability.

Is there a shortage of female organists of outstanding ability? I have heard in the last year in London Canadian , Danish, Australian and American players of extraordinary artistry, and I didn’t go looking for them particularly. I would have thought that the story of solo organists since 1945 has pretty much been defined by women: Demessieux, Alain, Bate, Weir, Falcinelli, Susi Jeans, Ethel Smith, Ena Baga…

I spot my omission now; the point I was attempting to make was with reference to the actual lack of lady organists who feature in interviews and performances recorded for the airwaves.

I am sorry that I did not make this point 100/00 crystal clear in my posting.

We are all well aware of the number of lady organists; and to your list I would add just a few, to include Weir,Parker-Smith, Williams ,Dienes,Ennis ,Bish ,Choplin, Watts, Pappadopolous...............et. al.     

Hope this correction steers the thread back on course.

22 hours ago, Adnosad said:

............. not sure if this has come to members` notice but just thought it worth mentioning in passing;

Angela Lapwood is being interviewed by Tom Service  R3 today ( i.e. Sunday ) at 1700.

Plus she is giving a solo performance on Tuesday night on the same R3 at 2215.

Funny no one seems to have mentioned this since organ matters in general are as rare as hens` teeth with regards to live performances, especially from the AH.  Have to add as well that it will be good to get the chance to  hear a female performer  of outstanding ability.

Although it may have been a repeat, I tuned in yesterday to BBC R3 expecting to hear quite a substantial contribution from Anna Lapwood. What a disappointment, only circa five minutes out of the 30 from Anna whilst the other 25 were taken up with Service whizzing through the lexicon. I find this highly intense individual such a bore.