Mander Organ Builders Forum

Changes To Forum

John Robinson

Is it just my computer, or is the layout of posts different now?

Yesterday I was able to view individual posts in a thread in order of posting. Today, within each thread, all the posts seem to be listed in a sort of tree diagram.

Is this an 'improvement'?

Personally, I preferred the old system. 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it!'

John

My computer does that to me occasionally, usually after I've been Googling for something that's led me back here.

Click the "options" arrow at the right-hand end of the dark blue bar near the top of the page and then select the "standard" display mode from the drop-down menu. That should cure it.

My computer does that to me occasionally, usually after I've been Googling for something that's led me back here.

Click the "options" arrow at the right-hand end of the dark blue bar near the top of the page and then select the "standard" display mode from the drop-down menu. That should cure it.

Many thanks, Vox. That did it. And after all my messing about in 'My Controls' - how simple!

I can't think how it came to be changed in the first place: the wonders of electrickery, no doubt!

John

Many thanks, Vox. That did it. And after all my messing about in 'My Controls' - how simple!

I can't think how it came to be changed in the first place: the wonders of electrickery, no doubt!

John

How do you get the photos to work? And what is an Avatar and how does that work?? :unsure:

How do you get the photos to work?

You upload them in My Controls. Then you tell the board manager that they aren't displaying (the board has stored the photo, and puts out a correct image tag, but can't serve the image itself).

And what is an Avatar and how does that work?? :unsure:

It's a smaller image that is placed next to your name at each post. For technical details, see above... Or you can choose a built-in cartoon image.

Paul

Guest Geoff McMahon
what is an Avatar and how does that work?? :unsure:

The avatar option ("graphical image of a user intended to make the network environment closer to reality") is disabled on this board at the moment, for a number of reasons.

Moderator, Mander Organs

The avatar option ("graphical image of a user intended to make the network environment closer to reality") is disabled on this board at the moment, for a number of reasons.

Moderator, Mander Organs

Thanks - I was just curious!

PS I'm sure MM will explain to me the etymology of avatar

Thanks - I was just curious!

PS I'm sure MM will explain to me the etymology of avatar

Well, if I will do in place of MM, and at the risk of being condemned as a numpty again...

An avatar is a released soul or deity returned to this world in bodily form. It comes from the Sanskrit to cross over or come down. Whilst I am sure there are many fine folk subscribing to this board, I don't imagine that there are many reincarnated gods amongst them!

JC

Well, if I will do in place of MM, and at the risk of being condemned as a numpty again...

An avatar is a released soul or deity returned to this world in bodily form. It comes from the Sanskrit to cross over or come down. Whilst I am sure there are many fine folk subscribing to this board, I don't imagine that there are many reincarnated gods amongst them!

JC

Wow .. I'll run my anti virus right away.... :unsure:

JC

Who knows ?

The avatar concept you will also find in Wagner's music, with the "Leitmotiv", a melody

that prevails along a whole piece, or a series of pieces, but always transformed to the

point you could easily not notice it; and in the german romantic organ with the Tierce,

always present under very different forms, nearly unrecognizable, but always basic

to any tonal construction.

Pierre.