Mander Organ Builders Forum

Wedding And Funeral Fees?

tribunegallery

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Echo Gamba
Do you mean they are now in a league comparable to the Blue Square Premier?

At risk of going off-topic and / or breaking forum rules, (for both of which I apologize in advance!) I would place them far higher than that. Have you heard or played one lately (Viscount that is, not a BSP side! :blink: ) ?

At risk of going off-topic and / or breaking forum rules, (for both of which I apologize in advance!) I would place them far higher than that. Have you heard or played one lately (Viscount that is, not a BSP side! :blink: ) ?

No disrespect to the manufacturers of imitation organs, (I am sure that they work as hard as anyone to produce a worthwhile product) but so far as I am concerned the only good Viscount comes in a green foil wrapper and consists of a mint-flavoured chocolate-covered biscuit.

No disrespect to the manufacturers of imitation organs, (I am sure that they work as hard as anyone to produce a worthwhile product) but so far as I am concerned the only good Viscount comes in a green foil wrapper and consists of a mint-flavoured chocolate-covered biscuit.

Whereas Viscount used to manufacture awful electronic organs, modern Viscounts *are* in a different class. My home organ sounds marvellous through decent headphones and a while ago when I used it at a friend's funeral in a church where the pipe organ had broken down (and the congregation was actually into the hundreds), it sounded surprisingly convincing - and led the congregation and accompanied both choirs superbly - even though I was only able to use the internal speakers.

Although what this has to do with wedding and funeral fees, goodness only knows! :blink:

Guest Echo Gamba
Whereas Viscount used to manufacture awful electronic organs, modern Viscounts *are* in a different class. My home organ sounds marvellous through decent headphones and a while ago when I used it at a friend's funeral in a church where the pipe organ had broken down (and the congregation was actually into the hundreds), it sounded surprisingly convincing - and led the congregation and accompanied both choirs superbly - even though I was only able to use the internal speakers.

Although what this has to do with wedding and funeral fees, goodness only knows! :blink:

Ask Nigel!! :blink:

Guest Nigel ALLCOAT

Help! What have I done?

To be frank I don't know the nomenclature of many electrorgs but I thought that the one I played at that Crematorium was of a minor aristocratic rank. Perhaps I would have been more happy with it if it was of a slightly greater elevation; more like a Marquis or at a pinch, an Earl. But I would draw the line at sitting on a Dowager.

Nigel

Ask Nigel!! :blink:

I'm sure we all think Nigel is a gentleman of taste, discretion and an enormous amount of experience as an organ-taster. You mean none of you spotted that in his praise of the Viscount he was being ironic/sarcastic? Go on, Nigel, am I right or are they?

Guest Echo Gamba
I'm sure we all think Nigel is a gentleman of taste, discretion and an enormous amount of experience as an organ-taster. You mean none of you spotted that in his praise of the Viscount he was being ironic/sarcastic? Go on, Nigel, am I right or are they?

I would be interested to know the vintage of the Lincolnshire Viscount.....

Is the Lincolnshire Viscount related in any way to the Lincolnshire Poacher whose tune goes so well to thy hymn "The happy birds Te Deum sing, 'tis Mary's month of May"? Are they first cousins?

Malcolm (whose only relevance to this topic is that he has played six funerals in the past five days!)