Birmingham City University,

Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU

(e-mail: manager@npor.bcu.ac.uk)

I think that is your best bet.

I hope that helps.

John

Please also note the following from the NPOR web site:

Photographs

Photographs (colour or black and white) may be submitted electronically, but these should be in JPEG format not exceeding 55 kilobytes in size and should always be clearly identified either by NPOR survey reference number or (in the case of new surveys) by building name and place. Close-up images of stop jambs, if clearly legible, are also welcomed to supplement written stop lists.

Photos can take quite a time to get loaded up from my personal experience. If the ones you are thinking about are for a certain Cardiff Church they were sent in last July and have still not appeared. [For that matter I'm still waiting for some to be uploaded from last March!]

PJW

The web site says:

Information about additions or corrections should be sent to:

The NPOR Database Manager, British Organ Library,

Library and Learning Resources

Birmingham City University,

Perry Barr, Birmingham B42 2SU

(e-mail: manager@npor.bcu.ac.uk)

I think that is your best bet.

I hope that helps.

John

Hi

John is correct. We currently have about a 4 month backlog of updates, which we are trying to reduce, hence, any photos, etc that aren't easy to deal with tend to get pushed down the list! (I've had some that have come to me in the form of Word files, for example). Stick with jpg - and preferably of the correct file size - Irfanview (a free programme) will ot only reduce the file size, but as a bonus I'm told it also strips out a lot of unneccesary info in the file headers.

I can't comment on why specific pix haven't been added, I don't work in the main office, but an e-mail there might help (but please also bear in mind that the whole project is run by colunteers, with 1 person (not me) paid for one day a week.

Incidentally, regular NPOR users may have noticed that the URL has changed, although there is a redirection on from the old site at present. I understand that there will be another minor change before long. Those with web sites linking to NPOR surveys will need at that point to update the links. No doubt there will be a notice on the web site in due course.

Every Blessing

Tony

Every Blessing

Tony

Stick with jpg - and preferably of the correct file size

Hmm. I take a lot of care in resizing my photos to the required file limits while retaining a reasonably decent quality - not easy with only 55k. Yet when they eventually appear online, more often than not the file size has been further reduced and the quality seriously downgraded. Is this something to do with the upload process at NPOR's end?

Hmm. I take a lot of care in resizing my photos to the required file limits while retaining a reasonably decent quality - not easy with only 55k. Yet when they eventually appear online, more often than not the file size has been further reduced and the quality seriously downgraded. Is this something to do with the upload process at NPOR's end?

Hi

I don't know - I've not noticed much problem with the pix I've uploaded. Try e-mailing the office with a note of a couple of examples, and see if they can help.

Every Blessing

Tony