Mander Organ Builders Forum

Help For A Funeral On Monday

Peter Clark

BTW - I see Mission Praise is now in a black edition, with another 100+ songs... the previous one barely fits on the music desk!!

The choir would need weightlifting exercises!

Lifting the new Mission Phrase will be the choir's weightlifting exercise.

John R

David Coram said........."If you put ritual and correctness and proprietry over concerns of humanity, spirituality and community, then perhaps the Freemasons are for you".

I do hope that David is not indulging in a bit of Freemason bashing, although it rather looks as if he might.

I would like to point out that the Freemasons as an organisation sponsor financially at least one child in virtually EVERY single Cathedral choir in the land............

He might like to wind his neck in at this point. :rolleyes:

• 5 weeks later...
Just as well that most of the congregation won't know what the words mean. :lol:

Thinking about the recent case of the vicar in Tunbridge Wells, I've come to the conclusion that it's only a matter of time before some insensitive clod demands Disco Inferno (Burn Baby Burn) be played at a cremation service. :o

I can just see the headline now :)

EC

A few years ago, I had to play for a funeral for a lad who had stolen a car, turned it over on a bend, and it caught fire. The family asked for a CD of Atomic Kitten singing 'Eternal Flame' - the Rector let them have it :(