Mander Organ Builders Forum

Arthus Wills - The Fenlands

Peter Clark

I just received this CD from Amazon and at 10.30pm, having had a somewhat trying choir practice, am listening to it. All I can say is "tremendous". Worth getting certainly. The marriage of organ and brass band is inspirational; Dr Wills plays wonderfully and the band is quite his equal in musicianship.

I suspect that not a few members of this forum (chat room as my other half likes to say!) are familiar with it. If not, do give it a try.

Peter

Assume this is the one with the 'Pictures' on it as well? It is very good. Funny you should mention Wills as I got an email from the great man yesterday. I had written to him to ask about getting hold of some out of print music of his (the 'Carillon on Orientis' mentioned in another thread). He gave me some helpful pointers and the score arrived this morning. Excellent reprint service.

Assume this is the one with the 'Pictures' on it as well? It is very good. Funny you should mention Wills as I got an email from the great man yesterday. I had written to him to ask about getting hold of some out of print music of his (the 'Carillon on Orientis' mentioned in another thread). He gave me some helpful pointers and the score arrived this morning. Excellent reprint service.

I particularly like the "big tune" in the 4th movement of Fenlands. Guilmant, could you PM me Dr Wills' email address (I used to have it as I was talking to him a few years ago about one of his 3 Psalms of Celebration featured on an RSCM cassette) because I would like to know if any of this is available in an organ-only arrangement. Thanks.

Peter