Mander Organ Builders Forum

Solihull School Chapel

U might be interested to know that the Organ is currently being rebuilt by Nicholson. However, is anyone familiar with the history of this Organ ? I have never heard it played myself.

I can't find the organ listed on NPOR, does anyone have details?

I can't find the organ listed on NPOR, does anyone have details?

Solihull School is NPOR reference K00739.

The only entry here suggests that Nicholson rebuilt it in 1966 with tonal alterations, including the addition of the Cornopean from the Henry Jones organ at St. Mary, Moseley as the Great Trumpet. No other details of the organ are given and there is nothing on the school's website about it either.

Dave

Sounds as though the rebuild will be in good hands!

Paul is, I am sure, a poster on this board - I am convinced I have seen him respond to at least one topic over the last twelve months or so; it would therefore be possible he might be alerted to this "calling"???

Richard

Guest Nigel ALLCOAT
Paul is, I am sure, a poster on this board - I am convinced I have seen him respond to at least one topic over the last twelve months or so; it would therefore be possible he might be alerted to this "calling"???

Richard

I am sure he will. This was his school and thus knows the organ so well. He lunches with me in Oxford on the 8th after he has visited. So all is happening and in good hands ...

I am sure readers would be interested in all the other eminents who passed through this establishment. Quite a few!

Best wishes,

Nogel

I am sure he will. This was his school and thus knows the organ so well. He lunches with me in Oxford on the 8th after he has visited. So all is happening and in good hands ...

I am sure readers would be interested in all the other eminents who passed through this establishment. Quite a few!

Best wishes,

Nogel

You been in Denmark too long Nogel??? :lol: Or a split note? :unsure:

Guest Nigel ALLCOAT
You been in Denmark too long Nogel??? :lol: Or a split note? :unsure:

That's what comes of using Olde Fingerynge on electric action.

All the best,

Bigle