Mander Organ Builders Forum

Dupre - Cortege et Litanie (again!)

Peter Clark

I have just downloaded what I think is a somewhat eccentric performance of this, by Todd Wilson. The tempo seems erratic as does the registration. Some speeding up towards the merging of the two themes is evident and he seems to release the pedal octaves on the last page throughout, between some bars, having no pedal about five bars before the end, bringing them back for the final three chords. Any thoughts? Or am I about to find myself the subject of a lawsuit?

Peter

Guest Roffensis
I have just downloaded what I think is a somewhat eccentric performance of this, by Todd Wilson. The tempo seems erratic as does the registration. Some speeding up towards the merging of the two themes is evident and he seems to release the pedal octaves on the last page throughout, between some bars, having no pedal about five bars before the end, bringing them back for the final three chords. Any thoughts? Or am I about to find myself the subject of a lawsuit?

Peter

I know the recording.

Jerky and actually quite unsettling to listen to IMHO.

R

Guest Roffensis
Glad I'm not the only one Richard! Now Michael Murray at St John's - WOW! (When is our mutual friend's recording released by the way?)

P

If you mean who I think you do, it came out last year and is actually very good. The whole disc is excellent to be honest, even if I am biased! :rolleyes:

If you do not mean who I think you mean, but you actually mean someone else that I did not think you meant, because in fact you mean someone else that I do not realise you mean, then ignore the above statement. It's meaningless.

You'll have to enlighten me.

R

If you mean who I think you do, it came out last year and is actually very good. The whole disc is excellent to be honest, even if I am biased! :rolleyes:

If you do not mean who I think you mean, but you actually mean someone else that I did not think you meant, because in fact you mean someone else that I do not realise you mean, then ignore the above statement. It's meaningless.

R

No, it is who you think I think you think I think you mean.

I'll check his website.

By the way, check out the Albright I was raving about a couple of weeks ago. (Also check out my newly redscovered favourite rock band Procol Harum in Denmark.)

P

QUOTE (Roffensis @ Feb 4 2010, 10:22 PM) *

If you mean who I think you do, it came out last year and is actually very good. The whole disc is excellent to be honest, even if I am biased! dry.gif

R

No, it is who you think I think you think I think you mean.

I'll check his website.

By the way, check out the Albright I was raving about a couple of weeks ago. (Also check out my newly redscovered favourite rock band Procol Harum in Denmark.)

P

Unless you can enlighten the rest of us, this correspondence may have been better conducted by PM....

<_<

Guest Roffensis
Unless you can enlighten the rest of us, this correspondence may have been better conducted by PM....

<_<

Really! Well it wasn't was it!!

I'm sure we aren't the only ones on these delightful boards guilty of indulging in such silly humour, but to end your suffering.....

Paul Derrett. Benchmarks 10, Liverpool.

R