Mander Organ Builders Forum

Robin Milford

Christopher Price

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a copy of this work? The Robin Milford Trust site doesn't seem to refer to any publisher, only a link to a CD containing the piece, which appears on a compilation from St.Pauls on the Priory label. A charming and intriguing work that I would love to have ready for Christmas!

Contra Posaune

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a copy of this work? The Robin Milford Trust site doesn't seem to refer to any publisher, only a link to a CD containing the piece, which appears on a compilation from St.Pauls on the Priory label. A charming and intriguing work that I would love to have ready for Christmas!

Contra Posaune

I have it somewhere, the question is where. If you draw a blank elsewhere, send me your e-mail address and I'll try my best.

Contra Posaune

John Henderson's A Directory of Composers for Organ (1996 Edition) lists Three Christmas Preludes Op. 19, 1930, published by the Karg-Elert Society (Chichester, UK) and OUP; also Seven Seasonal Sketches published by Novello, two of which appear in A Christmas Collection for Organ (also Novello).

Hope this helps.

John Henderson's A Directory of Composers for Organ (1996 Edition) lists Three Christmas Preludes Op. 19, 1930, published by the Karg-Elert Society (Chichester, UK) and OUP; also Seven Seasonal Sketches published by Novello, two of which appear in A Christmas Collection for Organ (also Novello).

I can't help, except to prevent you going down a blind alley. Novello's "A Christmas Collection for Organ" contains In Dulci Jubilo and Come, all you worthy gentlemen, but not the one you're after.

Ian

Hello,

usedorganmusic.co.uk lists a book published by OUP for sale:

Three Christmas Piece: (I) Choral Prelude on 'Unto us a boy is born' (II) Variations on 'The Coventry Carol and (III) Pastoral Dance on 'On Christmas Night'.

Cheers

tiratutti

Contra Posaune

Hi

I have a copy of the OUP "3 Pieces" that you're welcome to borrow if you feel like a trip across to Bradford.

Every Blessing

Tony

Hi

I have a copy of the OUP "3 Pieces" that you're welcome to borrow if you feel like a trip across to Bradford.

Every Blessing

Tony

Thanks Tony, that would be great, and a most helpful and generous offer for which I am grateful! I have spoken to you once on the phone, regarding a change to an entry on NPOR. However I seem to have lost your contact details so am not sure how to arrange a visit? Perhaps you can assist in some way, via this splendid medium?!

Best wishes,

Chris

Thanks Tony, that would be great, and a most helpful and generous offer for which I am grateful! I have spoken to you once on the phone, regarding a change to an entry on NPOR. However I seem to have lost your contact details so am not sure how to arrange a visit? Perhaps you can assist in some way, via this splendid medium?!

Best wishes,

Chris

PM Sent with contact details.

Contra Posaune

I agree - this is a a real gem. There is also chorale prelude on St Columba, also with the tune in the feet, which is enchanting but a little bit easier. (Long out of print, I suspect - I picked mine up from ebay a few weeks ago.) A rummage through itunes will pick up a recording of this and also of other music by Milford. I discovered a CD entitled Peacock Pie (the name of a suite by Armstrong Gibbs) and discovered a composer called Madeline Dring. I thoroughly recommend her Festival Scherzo for Piano and Strings as some listening sorbet - well worth the 79p download, though I went for the whole CD - there is some more Milford on it, too.