Mander Organ Builders Forum

Looking For,,,,,

Peter Allison

Hi all

last year I recorded Tim Noon at the Liverpool Met, and he played a really nice piece, which I was told was the "Riverdance" theme. I am looking for a copy of the music, even if its from another composer, If I can find a version, and its ok, it will be played in a recital at Durham Cathedral later this year

thanks in advance

Peter

The theme from Riverdance is a sooped up electric version of Lord of the Dance. If this is what you might be looking for, then the last movement of the Rawsthorne Dance Suite is based on this very tune, and has quite a Riverdance feel about it.

The theme from Riverdance is a sooped up electric version of Lord of the Dance. If this is what you might be looking for, then the last movement of the Rawsthorne Dance Suite is based on this very tune, and has quite a Riverdance feel about it.

Thanks very much,

will mention this to the organist concerned, although I am surprised he has not come across it. The piece that Tim Noon played was written for him by a noted Irish organist I believe

peter

Have now got it sorted, my father rang the Cathedral office, and spoke to Tim Noon, and the piece he played at the Liverpool organ day, was specially written by a organist from Trinity College, Dublin.

thanks

Peter

Can you say who it was?

he did say, but as usual, I forgot, although he has been give his e-mail, and told to get in touch with him, will let you know. Just listened to the recording again, and it really does the Met organ justice, even the chamade trumpets :P

Peter