Mander Organ Builders Forum

Worcester

DHM

Blatant ageism in the article, viz:

I have decided that now would be a good time to let someone younger take charge of the music in this splendid institution

Not really: That is a quote from Mr. Lucas. I would be surprised if he had any decision over his sucessor.

I visited Worcester this weekend and took my two young children around the cathedral. Having pointed out the shiny new organ and the old organ with the crowns on the tops of the pipes I was coerced into taking them up all 234 steps to the top of the tower. Returning from the tower I listened to (presumably) the sub organist practising the music for evensong. Then following lunch in the cloister I was treated to Adrian Lucas himself conducting a rehaersal of the Bach B minor mass.

Heavenly...

• 2 weeks later...

Just a brief note to say that Adrian Lucas showed me the latest update to his new website yesterday and he has added several new items for our perusal; knowing Adrian as I do he will be adding more items to it as time goes by and therefore it could well be worth a periodic recheck! I have found that adding "Lucas" to "Acclaim Productions" in Google helps get the right one but I am told that this should shortly be sorted by Google. There are some nice new pictures of the Cathedral interior - views you won't normally see unless, of course, you are as high as a kite . . . .

Fuller's ESB? Or am I hopelessly out of date?

David Harrison