Mander Organ Builders Forum

Anna Lapwood - 'Best Classical' award 22 March 2024

I see that Anna Lapwood has scooped one of today's 'Best Classical' artist awards.  Thank goodness there are a few such as her able to remind the public that there's an instrument called the organ still around.

3 hours ago, Colin Pykett said:

I see that Anna Lapwood has scooped one of today's 'Best Classical' artist awards.  Thank goodness there are a few such as her able to remind the public that there's an instrument called the organ still around.

And much deserved too!!

Hear ! Hear!

And I hope there are more to follow in her illustriuous  footsteps too although  I well suspect that there are still those dust covered fossils who will view things in their own stilted/ misogonystic/myopic manner.

There is hope yet that the organ may yet be able escape from its centuries of being shackled ,in the main, to ecclesiastical structures as a mere hymn accompanying machine ,` into its rightful position -  The Concert Hall.

I'm most impressed by the young Ukrainian lady organist, Dariia Lytvishko who has been giving some lovely recitals here in the UK and elsewhere in the world for the people in her war-torn country. 

20 hours ago, Barry Oakley said:

I'm most impressed by the young Ukrainian lady organist, Dariia Lytvishko who has been giving some lovely recitals here in the UK and elsewhere in the world for the people in her war-torn country. 

Barry, was she the lady who performed for Richard McVeigh on BIS?