Mander Organ Builders Forum

Elgar Pomp and Circumstance No 1

SteveBarker77

Hello!

I've been asked to play Elgar P & C no 1 for a wedding in June but I don't have the music at the moment. I found an arrangement by William Stickles on Musicroom.com but was wondering if anyone had experience of this - especially whether it's playable on a fairly small parish church organ? does anyone know of other arrangements that are worth investigating?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

Lemare's organ arrangement was photocopied and sold by Oecumuse who, of course, no longer exist. Fagus Music "has now assumed responsibility for some of the significant material formerly published by Oecumuse" but the Elgar is not shown on their website. You'll have to contact them, therefore, to see if they hold it. Be warned: the outer D major sections are not for faint-hearted organists.

http://imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/5/55...tance_piano.pdf

That's a piano arrangement which you might be able to do something with. Its not an easy piece to transfer to the organ though. I'd love to play it but haven't been brave enough to start yet.

Thanks - I'd already found that but it seemed to be littered with errors when I read it through on the piano; however, it might be usable with a bit of work against the original score.

I have the Lemare arrangement, its in the Elgar/German Volume. Allegro music got me the volume in pretty quick time. Did I recall correctly that there was a William McVicker arrangement from B and H realeased in the last couple of years?

I have the Lemare arrangement, its in the Elgar/German Volume. Allegro music got me the volume in pretty quick time. Did I recall correctly that there was a William McVicker arrangement from B and H realeased in the last couple of years?

I'm pretty sure that William McVicar (sorry if that's the wrong spelling) has published an arrangement of all of them - possibly by Banks? Sorry - can't go and look now, but I'll check when I am next in the right building if no-one else has solved this for you.

Hello!

I've been asked to play Elgar P & C no 1 for a wedding in June but I don't have the music at the moment. I found an arrangement by William Stickles on Musicroom.com but was wondering if anyone had experience of this - especially whether it's playable on a fairly small parish church organ? does anyone know of other arrangements that are worth investigating?

Thanks in advance!

Steve

The William McVicker arrangements of Pomp and Circumstance Marches 1 - 5 was published by Boosey & Hawkes in 2004.

RAC

No 1 is available from the new Roger Molyneaux catalogue (www.usedorganmusic.co.uk)

Thank you all very much for your replies... I've just ordered the William McVicker edition from usedorganmusic.co.uk so should have it in a few days... then to learn it in time for the wedding!

Steve