Mander Organ Builders Forum

Appointments 2

sbarber49

• Replies 619
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, David Cynan Jones said:

Confirmation of the appointment at Wells Cathedral.

https://www.wellscathedral.org.uk/archives/46837079

A good appointment for Wells by the sound of it and hot on the heals of the appointment of a new Dean of Wells too (Rev. Toby Wright who is Team Vicar of Witney, Oxfordshire & Hon. Canon of Christ Church, Oxford) - but I am surprised that TIm Parsons is moving on quite so soon as it sounds like he has done well at St. Edmundsbury. One clue as to what might have lured TP's return to the west country perhaps comes from the website of SEC which quotes the Dean of St. Edmundsbury as saying that "it will be lovely for them to be closer to their families".

The website of SEC says that TIm Parsons will be there until Sunday 01st September so Wells will have to wait a few months yet.

Dave

On 16/02/2024 at 14:13, David Cynan Jones said:

Announcement of William Fox as new Organist and Master of Music at St Albans

https://www.stalbanscathedral.org/news/william-fox-announced-as-new-director-of-music

It will be interesting to see what happens now at St Paul's as William was acting Assistant DoM (principal Organist) (since Simon Johnson went to Westminster Cathedral) and now they need a new  Assistant DoM AND a Sub Organist - William's original role at St Paul's. I notice too that Canon James Milne, the Precentor, is moving to York Minster.

1 hour ago, Martin Cooke said:

It will be interesting to see what happens . . .

Yes. But I can't imagine they will have any difficulty in attracting applicants for such positions in such a glorious building (not mentioning the organs) and with such a great DoM. 2024 looks like it will be a merry-go-round of organ benches.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...