Mander Organ Builders Forum

Phoenix from the ashes

It gives me great pleasure to announce that Stephen Bayley of Brownes of Canterbury has acquired the name Mander Organs from the receivers and I believe his intention is to acquire the Mander Organs website and discussion board as well, provided there is no reason he can't. This is very good news following so much bad news . Stephen worked for Mander Organs for a number of years, having started as a tuner's assistant. He then took over Brownes of Canterbury and turned that company round. In the meantime he engaged the services of another ex-employee of Mander Organs and after the demise of the firm, he engaged a third member of the firm. I have committed to assist him in any way he wishes to ensure that this new chapter of the firm has a secure future. The positive response for this news can be seen by looking at my FaceBook page https://www.facebook.com/john.p.mander/

I feel sure you will all join me in wishing him and his team every success in ensuring the future for the firm,

John

At a time and in a World where there seems to be much trouble and confusion, it is refreshing to hear some really good news.  I wish Stephen Bayley and his team success, and hope that they can maintain the forum that I have happily followed for fifteen years.

21 hours ago, John Pike Mander said:

I sincerely hope the website and forum can be preserved!

John

I'm sure we all echo that.  Wow!  What a turn up for the books!

I hope I'm not expecting too much but perhaps to follow this good news wouldn't it be great if, after this covid thing is long gone, there is a possibility that Mander Organs might be resurrected?

9 minutes ago, John Robinson said:

I hope I'm not expecting too much but perhaps to follow this good news wouldn't it be great if, after this covid thing is long gone, there is a possibility that Mander Organs might be resurrected?

I think the point John is that Mander Organs has been 'resurrected'. It will just be under different management.

15 hours ago, John Robinson said:

I think in reality the true picture now is: F H Brown Incorporating Mander Organs

I am glad the “White Knight” has arrived from Kent.

Many thanks to Stephen Bayley stepping up...you can hear the pleasure in JPM’s posting announcing the news

Lets hope the Discussion Board founded by JPM maintains its authoritive stance and is supported by

members both longstanding and new comers.

Onwards and upwards!

From Brownes Facebook page this afternoon:

F H Browne & Sons ltd is delighted to announce that it has acquired the trading name and intellectual property rights of Mander Organs Ltd. From 1st October 2020, F H Browne (Organ Builders) Ltd will trade under the name Mander Organs for all current and future contracts.
Both companies are based in South East England, and three of the current FHB employees (including myself) are former employees of Mander Organs, so there are immediate synergies.
We are delighted to have made this transition and look forward to working with our present and future customers both in the UK and Internationally.
Stephen Bayley
Managing Director

Yes great news indeed. Here’s hoping that a good number of the old firm’s workforce can find suitable roles here or elsewhere.

For me, if I ever find the spare cash, floor space and obtain spouse permission to commission a modest house organ, I am firmly committed to buy British and I’d urge others to seriously consider the same. Some continental builders are probably cheaper but, in my opinion, we need to support our own firms wherever we can.