175 replies to this topic

#161 Buxtehude

Buxtehude

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 08:22 PM

I was thinking that 3 months notice (quite common) happens to play out as half a term at this time of year.

#162 Vox_Angelica

Vox_Angelica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 10 April 2017 - 06:02 PM

Marcus Wibberley to St.George's Beckenham.

#163 Contra-Vuvuzela

Contra-Vuvuzela

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 08:21 AM

Any news on who's going to replace the excellent Huw Williams at HM Chapel Royal at St James Palace?

#164 combineharvestersam

combineharvestersam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 April 2017 - 10:11 PM

"In succession to Joseph McHardy (appointed Director of Music of the Chapel Royal) we seek for September 2017 (or January 2018 for the right candidate), a well-qualified and enthusiastic graduate to join a successful, collegiate department."

From a job advertisement for St Catherine's School, Surrey. 

S.

#165 DaveHarries

DaveHarries

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 10 May 2017 - 11:21 PM

"In succession to Joseph McHardy (appointed Director of Music of the Chapel Royal) we seek for September 2017 (or January 2018 for the right candidate), a well-qualified and enthusiastic graduate to join a successful, collegiate department."

From a job advertisement for St Catherine's School, Surrey. 

S.

Interesting. If you look at the music list for HM Chapel Royal, St. James' Palace it gives Carl Jackson as Director of Music without making it clear if he is merely *Acting* DoM.

http://www.chapelroy...st May 2017.pdf

Dave

#166 sirusnantwich

sirusnantwich

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 May 2017 - 09:14 PM

Lee Ward to Liverpool

#167 wolsey

wolsey

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 06:25 PM

Interesting. If you look at the music list for HM Chapel Royal, St. James' Palace it gives Carl Jackson as Director of Music without making it clear if he is merely *Acting* DoM.

http://www.chapelroy...st May 2017.pdf

Dave

I'm not sure how you can manage to confuse the Chapel Royal, *Hampton Court* Palace (whose website you have linked) with that at St James's Palace. I remain Director of Music at Hampton Court, while Joseph McHardy becomes my counterpart at St James's Palace from September.

#168 Y mab afradlon

Y mab afradlon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 06:52 PM

Stephen Power succeeds Mark Duthie (who takes up an appointment to succeed Jeremy Suter at Carlisle) as Director of Music at Brecon Cathedral.

Llongyfarchiadau.

http://swanseaandbrecon.churchinwales.org.uk/news/2017/05/delight-as-stephen-appointed-cathedrals-new-director-of-music/         

#169 Stephen Barber

Stephen Barber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 354 posts

Posted 22 May 2017 - 01:30 PM

Andrew Reid, currently Director of the RSCM and previously DOM at Peterborough Cathedral, is to be the new Managing Director of Harrison and Harrison Organ Builders.

http://www.harrisonorgans.com/news

#170 Vox_Angelica

Vox_Angelica

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 179 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 05:40 PM

Claudia Grinnell (currently OS at Salisbury) to be Assistant Organist at Winchester.

#171 DaveHarries

DaveHarries

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 26 May 2017 - 03:03 PM

I'm not sure how you can manage to confuse the Chapel Royal, *Hampton Court* Palace (whose website you have linked) with that at St James's Palace. I remain Director of Music at Hampton Court, while Joseph McHardy becomes my counterpart at St James's Palace from September.

Whoops. Sorry.

Dave

#172 Jon Dods

Jon Dods

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 27 May 2017 - 10:04 AM

Lovely to hear that current assistant at St Martin-in-the-Fields Jeremy Cole is going to Wells and former assistant Richard Moore is going to Guildford.

#173 DaveHarries

DaveHarries

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 497 posts

Posted 28 May 2017 - 09:09 PM

Lovely to hear that current assistant at St Martin-in-the-Fields Jeremy Cole is going to Wells and former assistant Richard Moore is going to Guildford.

Appointment of Mr. Cole confirmed on Wells' website.

http://www.wellscath...nist-announced/

Dave

#174 AJJ

AJJ

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 03:17 PM

Oliver Hancock goes from Assistant at Portsmouth Cathedral to St Mary's Warwick as DOM.

A
"…We can’t criticize the organ for being boring. In such cases it is the organist that is boring. There is no such thing as a boring organ."

#175 Y mab afradlon

Y mab afradlon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 18 June 2017 - 08:12 PM

Llongyfarchiadau Tom Coxhead, currently Organ Scholar at Ripon Cathedral on his appointment to the post of Assistant Organist at Brecon Cathedral.

This taken from the Brecon Cathedral Choir Facebook page

Ripon scholar Tom to be cathedral's new assistant organist

Thomas Coxhead is to become the new assistant organist at Brecon Cathedral and Christ College.

Chester-born Tom has been organ scholar at Ripon Cathedral since 2015, where he regularly accompanies the cathedral choir and assists in the running of the music department.

Dean of Brecon Cathedral, the Very Rev Dr Paul Shackerley, said: “Tom is a gifted and skilled organist and talented musical academic with significant enthusiasm and creativity. His gifts will be a positive contribution to the teams he will work with, both in Brecon Cathedral, the Diocese of Swansea and Brecon, and Christ College.

"His genuine passion, warmth and enthusiasm will be a positive contribution to the future mission and ministry of the cathedral, diocese, and Christ College. I am excited to have the opportunity to work with Tom, and assure him of my prayers and support."

Tom was head chorister in Chester's cathedral choir, and a music scholar at Abbey Gate College, Chester where he also founded chamber choir, The Octavo Consort.

In 2012, he was awarded the organ scholarship at Hatfield College, Durham in his first year, and later served as its director of music.

The cathedral's director of music designate, Stephen Power, said: "Tom's appointment marks the beginning of a new and exciting chapter in the life of the choirs and communities at the cathedral and Christ College, and I am looking forward to working with Tom as we strive to bring Brecon's glorious choral tradition to a wider audience."

His appointment was also welcomed by Emma Taylor, head of Christ College.

"This appointment further strengthens the important link between Christ College and the cathedral, and we look forward very much to the contribution Tom will make to the life of the chapel and the music department at the college," she said.

#176 DHM

DHM

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted Yesterday, 11:57 AM

Edward Turner, currently Organ Scholar at Southwell Minster, to be ADoM at Derby from September.
(According to a FB post today from The Choirs of Southwell Minster.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users