Mander Organ Builders Forum

On 28/11/2020 at 11:45, Martin Cooke said:

Does anyone know when they were recorded? I was surprised to see the digital organ at St Mary's Edinburgh as I thought the Harrison rebuild had been completed some months ago. 

I don’t know when that clip was recorded. The organ is definitely back in action however, and Acting Assistant Master of the Music Adam Wilson has been posting some fine videos of it over the past couple of months. Most recently the Reger Toccata in D minor from Op. 59: 

The rest of his videos are well worth checking out as well. 

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Discovered this performance (from memory) of Franck’s Final by Vincent Dubois at Soissons cathedral, where he was titulaire at the time. This from a series of the complete Franck works. Some of the others are also on the same channel. I haven’t checked to see if they all are.

• 1 month later...

The organ of Auckland Town Hall sounds in excellent voice with Tim Noon at the console accompanying the Auckland Symphony Orchestra with the Finale from Saint-Saens' Organ Symphony no.3. The clip is dated 04-Nov-2013.

Dave

On the lighter side, here's a 10-year old giving a tour of an organ. Listen out for his description of the trumpet stop and also (at 2:34) a clear shot of a ratchet swell and horseshoe coupler.

On 02/02/2021 at 17:31, Choir Man said:

On the lighter side, here's a 10-year old giving a tour of an organ. Listen out for his description of the trumpet stop and also (at 2:34) a clear shot of a ratchet swell and horseshoe coupler.

I just came here to post that, seems it's "going viral". Interesting for someone like me who probably knows less about organs than everyone else here, having not played one since I was five.

I hadn't heard of St Saviour's Cathedral, they have some lovely little lockdown services on the same channel.